These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your participation in and use of the Aglet app (“App”) and any other app,
website or web pages or other electronic services operated by Onlife Limited (together the “Services”).
- The App and Registration
- Promotions and Competitions
- Data Protection
- In-App Purchases & Cancellation Terms
- Use and Abuse of the Services
- User Generated Content
- Intellectual Property & Third Party Links
- Notice and Take-Down
- Our Liability
- Contact Us
These Terms set out the terms of your relationship with Onlife Limited, a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 11457733, VAT number GB323828011 and whose registered office is
at Suite Lp44627 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU (“we”, “us” or “Onlife”).
- Please read these Terms carefully as they affect your rights and obligations under
the law. For instance, please note that by using the Services, you acknowledge and agree to grant us a
perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable licence to display, publish,
transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, reproduce, re-format, sub-licence, create derivative works of and
otherwise use any materials or content that you design, create or otherwise submit to us whilst using the
Services, for such purposes as we see fit in connection with our business. For more information on this,
please refer to the “User Generated Content” heading below.
- If you do not agree to these Terms in full, please do not register with us or use the
Services. By using the Services, you confirm you accept these Terms and agree to comply with them.
- Please also see our Privacy
Notice for information about how we collect and use any personal data you enter into our systems or
otherwise provide to us..
- These Terms are separate to any additional applicable terms and conditions and
privacy policies of the relevant app-store provider(s) that the App is downloaded from, which also apply.
- These Terms will apply to all registered users (“you”
- Please note that these Terms may be amended from time to time. Notification of any
changes will be made by posting new terms onto the Services. In continuing to use the Services, you
confirm that you accept the then current Terms in full at the time you use the Services.
The App and Registration
- The App is a free-to-play virtual game whereby users can collect digital sneakers and
add them to their virtual collection by way of an in-game currency (“Aglet Currency”),
compete against other players as well as trade and sell digital sneakers with other players. For the
avoidance of doubt, Aglet Currency is a virtual currency which has no cash value and cannot be redeemed or
otherwise traded for cash.
- Users can earn Aglet Currency and other rewards by playing the game or by way of
in-app purchases. For more information on the content and features which can be purchased in-app, please
refer to the section below “In-App Purchases &
- The App is compatible with and available for download on the Apple AppStore (iOS) and
Google PlayStore (Android).
- Use of the Services is intended for users aged 13 and over. By using the Services,
you confirm you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to
register with us or use the Services.
- Generally, use of our Services will require registration, particularly in order to
access and use the App. We may allow access to some Services without registration but we reserve the right
to withdraw access without registration at any time.
- We are not obliged to permit anyone to register to our Services and we reserve the
right to refuse registration to anyone for any reason.
- We reserve the right to add or remove services and functionality from any
- You are not entitled to allow any other person to use or borrow your log in details
or password. Each additional user must use and register for the Services separately.
Promotions and Competitions
- From time to time, we may at our sole discretion also promote and offer certain
competitions, promotions, offers, draws or similar initiatives (“Promotions”)
to our users such as “Scavenger Hunts”, whether via our App, third party social channels such as Instagram
or by way of other electronic means. Such Promotions may include prizes and additional terms and
conditions may apply in addition to these Terms and our General Competition/ Promotion Terms. If
additional terms and conditions apply in relation to that Promotion, these will be communicated to you via
the App or will be available on the relevant page with information about the Promotion. For the avoidance
of doubt, in the event of any conflict or inconsistency between such additional terms and conditions, our
General Competition/ Promotion Terms and these Terms then the following order of priority will apply i)
these Terms; ii) the additional terms relating to that Promotion; iii) our General Competition/ Promotion
- In relation to any Promotion, our General Competition/ Promotion Terms will apply,
but please note the following:
- Our decisions are final in relation to any Promotion and we reserve the right at any time to
remove any entry from a Promotion, suspend the Promotion entirely or limit the number of entries;
- No warranty as to the quality or suitability of any prize is offered;
- Promotions may have deadlines for entry and for claiming prizes. We are not responsible for any
failure to meet the relevant dates;
- In-app prizes do not have a cash value and may not be exchanged for cash (unless we specify
- Rewards or prizes may be subject to availability.
- When you register with the Services we will ask for some of your personal
information, such as your name and email address. Additionally, we may also be ask for other information
which is not required as part of the registration but is intended to provide users with an enhanced
functionality of the game, including your shoe size, location tracking data and motion (step counting)
data. Any personal information you provide us with will be handled in accordance with our Privacy
- You agree that personal information supplied to us will be kept up to date. If we
have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Services or the
App through your account or the use of your password, we may notify you by email and require you to change
your passwords or we may suspend your account until you have done so. Until you have changed all your
passwords or we have reactivated your account, you will not be able to access the Services.
In-App Purchases & Cancellation Terms
- In addition to the App’s content and features available to users free of charge, users may also purchase by way of real
money certain in-app items including Aglet Currency, digital sneakers and other items to use within the game (“In-App Purchases”).
- By ordering an In-App Purchase, you acknowledge there is an obligation to pay for such In-App Purchase.
- Users must be at least 18 or over in order to make In-App Purchases. If you are under the age of 18 and would like to
make an In-App Purchase, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission and by making any In-App Purchases, you confirm
that you have the necessary permissions to do so.
- When you place an order for an In-App Purchase within the App, the download for the content will begin immediately.
Please note that because the content will be made immediately available to you, you will lose your statutory 14 day right to
cancel the In-App Purchase. By making an In-App Purchase, you acknowledge you will lose this cancellation right and will not
be entitled to a refund. You may however be entitled to a replacement, repair or refund of the In-App Purchase made if you are
unable to download it properly (please see below for more details).
- In-App Purchases are processed by the relevant app-store provider from which the App was downloaded, whether this is the
Apple AppStore (iOS) or Google PlayStore (Android), and if you make any In-App Purchases in the App, the relevant app-store’s
providers own billing terms and conditions will apply. For more information on how your personal data is processed by them,
please refer to the relevant app-store provider’s privacy policies.
- All In-App Purchases may be used within the App’s game only and cannot be redeemed outside of the App, exchanged for cash
or other consideration, or be transferred to any other user or person.
- All In-App Purchases made through the App are your responsibility and we will have no responsibility over which or how
many purchases are made by you.
- If you have made an In-App Purchase but are unable to download it properly, whether you are having issues in downloading
the content or you are unable to access the content once downloaded, we will either provide you with a replacement In-App
Purchase or repair the fault. If however we are unable to provide you with a repair or replacement within a reasonable time
frame, we will authorise the relevant app-store provider to provide you with a refund.
- If you would like to amend or manage the settings for the In-App Purchases, you will need to do so via the relevant
app-store provider’s settings, or if you have any queries or issues that are payment related, please contact the relevant
app-store provider directly.
Use and Abuse of the Services
- Please note that use of the Services is strictly for your own personal and non-commercial purposes only.
- In using the Services and particularly when going to or otherwise accessing locations in the real world as part of the
game, you agree to be aware and mindful of your surroundings and to play the game safely. You also agree not to trespass or
otherwise attempt to gain access to any private property or other location that you are not lawfully permitted to access.
- As part of the game in the App, users can earn in-app rewards (“Rewards”), either through In-App
Purchases or simply earned free of charge by playing the game. Rewards may include digital sneakers or other digital assets or
items. Rewards may either be redeemed with us directly or with a third party. Certain Rewards such as monetary vouchers or
cryptocurrency via a wallet provider (e.g. Zebedee) must be redeemed with our third party partner. We do not have any control
over how Rewards are redeemed with the third party and accordingly, you agree that fulfilment of those transactions will be
the sole responsibility of such third party and that we will have no liability to you or any third party for any losses or
damages that may arise including from any failure or delay on the part of our partner to redeem the Reward. If you choose to
redeem a Reward with a third party, you acknowledge their own terms and conditions will apply to you and you agree to comply
in full with such applicable terms and conditions. By way of example, certain specific age restrictions may apply or you may
be required to download/install a separate application (e.g. with the wallet provider) in order to benefit from and redeem
your Reward with the relevant third party. In some cases you may be required to provide identification documents or fulfil
other compliance requirements of our Rewards partner and compliance with their requirements will be your sole responsibility.
- We reserve the right to remove and/or update any Rewards as we see fit. For instance, we may update the collection of
digital sneakers made available to users in the App from time to time by removing, replacing and/or adding new pairs. In the
event you have acquired a specific pair of digital sneakers or other Reward as part of your virtual collection, we reserve the
right to provide you with an alternative pair of digital sneakers of similar value and/or specification or otherwise to
provide you with a substitute reward as we see fit.
- Any content posted, published or otherwise shared by you using the Services will be your personal responsibility. We do
not actively monitor, supervise or check the content, comments or communications between users of the App or Services (as the
case may be) and will not be liable in any way in respect of this. Through these Terms, you also agree that we have a
perpetual licence to use such content as we see fit but it will still be processed in accordance with our Privacy
- You may not publish any illegal, offensive, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or fraudulent content on the Services. If
any such content is published by you or if in our opinion any content is published by you which damages our goodwill or the
goodwill attaching to the Services, we reserve the right at our discretion and without notice to take such action as we deem
necessary including removing the content from the Services and terminating your registration.
- You agree that you are not permitted to and will not:
- solicit log-in information or access an account belonging to someone else;
- impersonate any other person whether or not that other person is a user of the Services;
- bully, intimidate, or harass any user of the Services or other individual in the real world (for instance as
part of checking in to a particular location);
- do anything to suggest, express or imply that statements made by you are endorsed by us;
- advertise to or solicit the custom of any of our users;
- resell or commercially exploit the contents of the Services;
- upload any files or post or publish anything on the Services that contain viruses, corrupted files, or malicious
code or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's device;
- ddo anything that may result in the damage to property, personal injury or death of another individual; or
- otherwise do anything illegal, unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory using the Services.
- We reserve the right at our discretion to remove any content from the Services, terminate your registration and restrict
your access to our Services at any time for any reason.
- In the event that you are informed that you will no longer be entitled to access the Services, you will not be entitled
to register again and you will no longer have permission to use the Services.
- If you wish to cancel your registration, please notify us and we will delete your account. Posted content will remain
available on our Services following termination of your registration.
User Generated Content
- Any and all materials and other content that you design, create, upload, publish or otherwise submit to us whilst using
the Services (whether via our App or website, by email, third party social channels such as Instagram or by way of other
electronic means), is referred to as “User Generated Content”.
- You will continue to maintain any existing copyright or other valid intellectual property ownership rights in the User
Generated Content, however by using the Services, you acknowledge and agree to grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive,
transferable, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable licence to display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, reproduce,
re-format, sub-licence, create derivative works and otherwise use any or all of the User Generated Content, for such purposes
as we see fit in connection with our business.
- To the extent we provide you with or otherwise make available any tech packs, design templates or other materials, which
you then use for creating your own UGC, we grant you a limited, non-transferable, revocable licence to use such materials for
such purposes as we communicate to you from time to time, but you are not otherwise granted any copyright or intellectual
property rights therein.
Intellectual Property & Third Party Links
- If you have downloaded a copy of our App, we hereby grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to download a
copy of the App to such devices as are personally used by you. You may not transfer this licence and we reserve the right to
terminate this licence if you are in breach of these Terms.
- If you uninstall the App on one of your personal devices and re-install it on another, any remaining Aglet Currency or
other In-App Purchases will be preserved provided the account you have registered with us is still active and you log-in to
your account using those same details. If however you delete your account with us, any Aglet Currency or In-App Purchases
which was remaining on your account will be lost without any option for redeeming them and in this event, we will not be
responsible or otherwise liable to you in any way.
- The App together with the format and content of the Services is protected by copyright and other intellectual property
rights and we reserve all rights in relation to our copyright and other intellectual property rights whether owned or licensed
to us and all rights are reserved to any of our registered and unregistered trademarks (whether owned or licensed to us) which
appear on the Services.
- The App and Services may not be decompiled, reverse-engineered, modified, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold,
visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not systematically
extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the App without our express written permission.
- The Services may include links to other websites or material such as third party advertising. We are not responsible for
content on any site outside the Services so if you do follow a link to any of these websites, you acknowledge you do so at
your own risk and we will not be liable or otherwise be responsible in any way in relation to this.
Notice and Take-Down
- We will make all reasonable efforts to delete accounts which are being used in breach of our Terms and to identify and
remove content that is defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights when we are notified but we cannot be
responsible if you have failed to provide us with the relevant information.
- In the event that you believe that an account is being used in an inappropriate manner or that any content which is
distributed using the Services is defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights you should notify us immediately.
- We will operate the Services with the reasonable skill and care of an online service provider but make no promise or
guarantee that the Services will meet your particular requirements.
- We will not be liable for any use of the Services by you in breach of these Terms or other than for your personal and
- We will not be liable if content you have posted and stored on the Services is lost, corrupted or damaged.
- Please note that (as described above) certain games or activities (including Scavenger Hunts) may involve going to or
otherwise accessing locations in the real world. We are unable to verify or monitor the safety of such locations and the risk
involved in accessing certain locations may change over time. As such you are responsible for ensuring your own safety and the
safety of others when participating in any activities in the real world and you must exercise proper care and attention at all
times. We will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury to the extent such loss, damage or personal injury arises
from your failure to take proper care and attention or which arises from your negligence in your use of the Services or
- We do not promise or guarantee that the Services will be available 100% of the time nor that they or any content,
including content supplied by a third party, is fault, error or virus-free. We accept no responsibility for damage caused to a
user’s device as a result of the Services, unless as a result of an In-App Purchase made by such user.
- If we are in breach of these Terms, we will only be responsible for losses that you suffer as a result to the extent
that they are a foreseeable consequence to both you and us at the time you use the App or Services (as the case may be).
- Subject to the provisions in this clause 10, our total liability to you in connection with these Terms (irrespective of
whether you are taking part in any of our Promotions) is limited to the higher of i) an amount equal to the total In-App
Purchase charges in the 12 month period leading up to the claim or ii) £50.
- Nothing in these Terms will limit our liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused
as a result of our negligence or for any liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- These Terms are personal to you and may not be transferred to any other party without our written approval. We may
assign or otherwise transfer any or all of our rights or obligations under these Terms to a third party on written
notification to you.
- These Terms are in addition to any terms and conditions set out in the relevant app-store provider’s terms and
conditions. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the relevant app store provider’s terms and conditions, those
terms and conditions will prevail.
- We make no promise that materials in/on the Services are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the
United Kingdom, and accessing the Services from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you
choose to access the Services from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible
for compliance with local laws which apply to your use of our Services in whatever country you are physically located.
- If you breach these Terms and we decide to take no action or neglect to do so, then we will still be entitled to take
action and enforce our rights and remedies for any other breach.
- We will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- We may make changes to the format and content of the Services at any time without notice.
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to
submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.