These terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your participation in and use of the Aglet app (“App”) and any other app,
website or web pages or other electronic services operated by Onlife Limited (together the “Services”).
- The App and Registration
- Promotions and Competitions
- Data Protection
- In-App Purchases & Cancellation Terms
- Use and Abuse of the Services
- Intellectual Property & Third Party Links
- Notice and Take-Down
- Our Liability
- Contact Us
These Terms set out the terms of your relationship with Onlife Limited, a company registered in
England and Wales with company number 11457733, VAT number GB323828011 and whose registered office is
at Suite Lp44627 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU (“we”, “us” or “Onlife”).
- Please read these Terms carefully as they affect your rights and obligations under
- If you do not agree to these Terms in full, please do not register with us or use the
Services. By using the Services, you confirm you accept these Terms and agree to comply with them.
- Please also see our Privacy
Policy for information about how we collect and use any personal data you enter into our systems or
otherwise provide to us.
- These Terms are separate to any additional applicable terms and conditions and
privacy policies of the relevant app-store provider(s) that the App is downloaded from, which also apply.
- These Terms will apply to all registered users (“you”
- Please note that these Terms may be amended from time to time. Notification of any
changes will be made by posting new terms onto the Services. In continuing to use the Services, you
confirm that you accept the then current Terms in full at the time you use the Services.
The App and Registration
- The App is a free-to-play virtual game whereby users can collect digital sneakers and
add them to their virtual collection by way of an in-game currency (“Aglet Currency”),
compete against other players as well as trade and sell digital sneakers with other players. For the
avoidance of doubt, Aglet Currency is a virtual currency which has no cash value and cannot be redeemed or
otherwise traded for cash.
- Users can earn Aglet Currency and other rewards by playing the game or by way of
in-app purchases. For more information on the content and features which can be purchased in-app, please
refer to the section below “In-App Purchases &
- The App is compatible with and available for download on the Apple AppStore (iOS) and
Google PlayStore (Android).
- Use of the Services is intended for users aged 13 and over. By using the Services,
you confirm you are at least 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to
register with us or use the Services.
- Generally, use of our Services will require registration, particularly in order to
access and use the App. We may allow access to some Services without registration but we reserve the right
to withdraw access without registration at any time.
- We are not obliged to permit anyone to register to our Services and we reserve the
right to refuse registration to anyone for any reason.
- We reserve the right to add or remove services and functionality from any
- You are not entitled to allow any other person to use or borrow your log in details
or password. Each additional user must use and register for the Services separately.
Promotions and Competitions
- From time to time, we may at our sole discretion also offer certain competitions,
promotions, offers or draws (“Promotions”) to our users, including without
limitation, allowing them to
take part in “Scavenger Hunts”. Such Promotions may include prizes and additional terms and conditions may
apply in addition to these Terms. If additional terms and conditions apply, these will be communicated to
you via the App. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event of any conflict or inconsistency between such
additional terms and conditions and these Terms, these Terms will prevail.
- In relation to any Promotion, the following terms will apply:
- Our decisions are final in relation to any Promotion and we reserve the right at any time to
remove any entry from a Promotion, suspend the Promotion entirely or limit the number of entries;
- Our Promotions are available to our registered users only;
- No warranty as to the quality or suitability of any prize is offered;
- Promotions may have deadlines for entry and for claiming prizes. We are not responsible for any
failure to meet the relevant dates;
- In-app prizes do not have a cash value and may not be exchanged for cash; and
- Rewards or prizes may be subject to availability.
- When you register with the Services we will ask for some of your personal
information, such as your name and email address. Additionally, we may also be ask for other information
which is not required as part of the registration but is intended to provide users with an enhanced
functionality of the game, including your shoe size, location tracking data and motion (step counting)
data. Any personal information you provide us with will be handled in accordance with our Privacy
- You agree that personal information supplied to us will be kept up to date. If we
have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Services or the
App through your account or the use of your password, we may notify you by email and require you to change
your passwords or we may suspend your account until you have done so. Until you have changed all your
passwords or we have reactivated your account, you will not be able to access the Services.
In-App Purchases & Cancellation Terms
- In addition to the App’s content and features available to users free of charge,
users may also purchase by way of real money certain in-app items including Aglet Currency, digital
sneakers and other items to use within the game (“In-App Purchases”).
- By ordering an In-App Purchase, you acknowledge there is an obligation to pay for
such In-App Purchase.
- Users must be at least 18 or over in order to make In-App Purchases. If you are under
the age of 18 and would like to make an In-App Purchase, you must have your parent or guardian’s
permission and by making any In-App Purchases, you confirm that you have the necessary permissions to do
- When you place an order for an In-App Purchase within the App, the download for the
content will begin immediately. Please note that because the content will be made immediately available to
you, you will lose your statutory 14 day right to cancel the In-App Purchase. By making an In-App
Purchase, you acknowledge you will lose this cancellation right and will not be entitled to a refund. You
may however be entitled to a replacement, repair or refund of the In-App Purchase made if you are unable
to download it properly (please see below for more details).
- In-App Purchases are processed by the relevant app-store provider from which the App
was downloaded, whether this is the Apple AppStore (iOS) or Google PlayStore (Android), and if you make
any In-App Purchases in the App, the relevant app-store’s providers own billing terms and conditions will
apply. For more information on how your personal data is processed by them, please refer to the relevant
app-store provider’s privacy policies.
- All In-App Purchases may be used within the App’s game only and cannot be redeemed
outside of the App, exchanged for cash or other consideration, or be transferred to any other user or
- All In-App Purchases made through the App are your responsibility and we will have no
responsibility over which or how many purchases are made by you.
- If you have made an In-App Purchase but are unable to download it properly, whether
you are having issues in downloading the content or you are unable to access the content once downloaded,
we will either provide you with a replacement In-App Purchase or repair the fault. If however we are
unable to provide you with a repair or replacement within a reasonable time frame, we will authorise the
relevant app-store provider to provide you with a refund.
- If you would like to amend or manage the settings for the In-App Purchases, you will
need to do so via the relevant app-store provider’s settings, or if you have any queries or issues that
are payment related, please contact the relevant app-store provider directly.
Use and Abuse of the Services
- Please note that use of the Services is strictly for your own personal and
non-commercial purposes only.
- In using the Services and particularly when going to or otherwise accessing locations
in the real world as part of the game, you agree to be aware and mindful of your surroundings and to play
the game safely. You also agree not to trespass or otherwise attempt to gain access to any private
property or other location that you are not lawfully permitted to access.
- As part of the game in the App, users can earn in-app rewards (“Rewards”), either
through In-App Purchases or simply earned free of charge by playing the game. Rewards may include digital
sneakers or other digital assets or items. We reserve the right to remove and/or update any Rewards as we
see fit. For instance, we may update the collection of digital sneakers made available to users in the App
from time to time by removing, replacing and/or adding new pairs. In the event you have acquired a
specific pair of digital sneakers or other Reward as part of your virtual collection, we reserve the right
to provide you with an alternative pair of digital sneakers of similar value and/or specification or
otherwise to provide you with a substitute reward as we see fit.
- Any content posted, published or otherwise shared by you using the Services will be
your personal responsibility. We do not actively monitor, supervise or check the content, comments or
communications between users of the App or Services (as the case may be) and will not be liable in any way
in respect of this. Through these Terms, you also agree that we have a perpetual licence to use such
content as we see fit but it will still be processed in accordance with our Privacy
- You may not publish any illegal, offensive, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory or
fraudulent content on the Services. If any such content is published by you or if in our opinion any
content is published by you which damages our goodwill or the goodwill attaching to the Services, we
reserve the right at our discretion and without notice to take such action as we deem necessary including
removing the content from the Services and terminating your registration.
- You agree that you are not permitted to and will not:
- solicit log-in information or access an account belonging to someone else;
- impersonate any other person whether or not that other person is a user of the Services;
- bully, intimidate, or harass any user of the Services or other individual in the real world (for
instance as part of checking in to a particular location);
- do anything to suggest, express or imply that statements made by you are endorsed by us;
- advertise to or solicit the custom of any of our users;
- resell or commercially exploit the contents of the Services;
- upload any files or post or publish anything on the Services that contain viruses, corrupted
files, or malicious code or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation
of another's device;
- do anything that may result in the damage to property, personal injury or death of another
- otherwise do anything illegal, unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory using the
- We reserve the right at our discretion to remove any content from the Services,
terminate your registration and restrict your access to our Services at any time for any reason.
- In the event that you are informed that you will no longer be entitled to access the
Services, you will not be entitled to register again and you will no longer have permission to use the
- If you wish to cancel your registration, please notify us and we will delete your
account. Posted content will remain available on our Services following termination of your registration.
Intellectual Property & Third Party Links
- If you have downloaded a copy of our App, we hereby grant you a non-exclusive,
non-transferable licence to download a copy of the App to such devices as are personally used by you. You
may not transfer this licence and we reserve the right to terminate this licence if you are in breach of
- If you uninstall the App on one of your personal devices and re-install it on
another, any remaining Aglet Currency or other In-App Purchases will be preserved provided the account you
have registered with us is still active and you log-in to your account using those same details. If
however you delete your account with us, any Aglet Currency or In-App Purchases which was remaining on
your account will be lost without any option for redeeming them and in this event, we will not be
responsible or otherwise liable to you in any way.
- The App together with the format and content of the Services is protected by
copyright and other intellectual property rights and we reserve all rights in relation to our copyright
and other intellectual property rights whether owned or licensed to us and all rights are reserved to any
of our registered and unregistered trademarks (whether owned or licensed to us) which appear on the
- The App and Services may not be decompiled, reverse-engineered, modified, reproduced,
duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our
express written consent. You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the
App without our express written permission.
- The Services may include links to other websites or material such as third party
advertising. We are not responsible for content on any site outside the Services so if you do follow a
link to any of these websites, you acknowledge you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable or
otherwise be responsible in any way in relation to this.
Notice and Take-Down
- We will make all reasonable efforts to delete accounts which are being used in breach
of our Terms and to identify and remove content that is defamatory or infringing on intellectual property
rights when we are notified but we cannot be responsible if you have failed to provide us with the
- In the event that you believe that an account is being used in an inappropriate
manner or that any content which is distributed using the Services is defamatory or infringing on
intellectual property rights you should notify us immediately.
- We will operate the Services with the reasonable skill and care of an online service
provider but make no promise or guarantee that the Services will meet your particular requirements.
- We will not be liable for any use of the Services by you in breach of these Terms or
other than for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
- We will not be liable if content you have posted and stored on the Services is lost,
corrupted or damaged.
- Please note that (as described above) certain games or activities (including
Scavenger Hunts) may involve going to or otherwise accessing locations in the real world. We are unable to
verify or monitor the safety of such locations and the risk involved in accessing certain locations may
change over time. As such you are responsible for ensuring your own safety and the safety of others when
participating in any activities in the real world and you must exercise proper care and attention at all
times. We will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury to the extent such loss, damage or
personal injury arises from your failure to take proper care and attention or which arises from your
negligence in your use of the Services or otherwise.
- We do not promise or guarantee that the Services will be available 100% of the time
nor that they or any content, including content supplied by a third party, is fault, error or virus-free.
We accept no responsibility for damage caused to a user’s device as a result of the Services, unless as a
result of an In-App Purchase made by such user.
- If we are in breach of these Terms, we will only be responsible for losses that you
suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both you and us at the time
you use the App or Services (as the case may be).
- Subject to the provisions in this clause 9, our total liability to you in connection
with these Terms (irrespective of whether you are taking part in any of our Promotions) is limited to the
higher of i) an amount equal to the total In-App Purchase charges in the 12 month period leading up to the
claim or ii) £50.
- Nothing in these Terms will limit our liability for fraud, fraudulent
misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused as a result of our negligence or for any liability
which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- These Terms are personal to you and may not be transferred to any other party without
our written approval. We may assign or otherwise transfer any or all of our rights or obligations under
these Terms to a third party on written notification to you.
- These Terms are in addition to any terms and conditions set out in the relevant
app-store provider’s terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the
relevant app store provider’s terms and conditions, those terms and conditions will prevail.
- We make no promise that materials in/on the Services are appropriate or available for
use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the Services from territories where its
contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Services from locations
outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local
laws which apply to your use of our Services in whatever country you are physically located.
- If you breach these Terms and we decide to take no action or neglect to do so, then
we will still be entitled to take action and enforce our rights and remedies for any other breach.
- We will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms caused by circumstances
beyond our reasonable control.
- We may make changes to the format and content of the Services at any time without
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England
and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.